We are now open daily. Thank you for your patience while we completed renovations over the Winter!
There are still a ton of improvements that will be rolling out over the next few months. We’d like to thank everyone for all the productive feedback. We are here for you, the players!
We know we’ve kept you waiting, and now it’s time to put that wait to an end. We appreciate Austin’s patience, but UFO will finally be open for business again on Friday, March 1st at 7PM.
We think you’ll dig the new look & layout, and there are still a ton of improvements on the whiteboard that will be implemented over the next couple of months as time allows.
Thank you for supporting your local arcade and see you all again soon!
Hi Game Lovers,
We’re still working hard every day to complete renovations to our space. We’re really excited about the refined new look, and I think you’ll all agree it was worth it when we get back up and running.
Just a few of the changes we have in store:
- New paint job!
- Fully tiled floor (way cleaner than carpet!)
- Front retail area to assist customers
- Fully stocked beverage vending
- Several new titles
- Better air ventilation
- Painted parking area with clearly marked parking spaces
I don’t want to spoil all the fun before you see it for yourself, but here’s a quick look at the empty back room right after we finished prepping it for the new tile.
We’re shooting very hard to re-open on the first full week of February, but based on a lot of factors outside of our control, it may take a little longer if the stars aren’t adequately aligned.
Thanks for your continued patience – we can’t wait to be open for Austin again!
Arcade UFO will be performing a full scale renovation during the Christmas 2012 holiday. Our last day of business in 2012 will be Friday, December 14th (open until 3am as usual) and we’ll be closed all day from Saturday, December 15th onwards.
Our goal is to complete the renovation project and re-open around Mid-January 2013. Arcade UFO extends our apologies to anyone planning to visit during the holiday season, but we plan on coming back better than ever next year!
Please follow @arcadeufo on Twitter for regular updates and see you all in January!
We’ll be operating normally throughout Thanksgiving week, including the normal hours of 6pm to 2am on Thanksgiving Day. Happy holidays!
Effective immediately, please be advised that we will open on modified/reduced hours for the remainder of the year. Holiday 2012 Hours are as follows:
Open 7 days a week
Power Instinct is a fighting game series started by Atlus in 1993, and was the first “parody” fighter that took pride on its light-hearted take of the genre. In the 90′s, you may have played the first Power Instinct for SNES/Genesis or perhaps Groove On Fight (aka Power Instinct 3) for the Sega Saturn. Fast-forward to 2002, when Martimelee aka Power Instinct 4 was released on the Neo-Geo; this was one of the very last Neo-Geo titles and showed that Atlus hadn’t yet let go of the series.
Finally, in 2009, Atlus released Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou for Japanese arcades, which translates roughly to Power Instinct Festival: The Ancestors Commemoration. This is the 5th main installment in the series, and we’ve recently acquired this rare gem for your enjoyment!
Power Instinct 5 features 5 new characters from the previous installments as well as an Aerial Combo and Chain Combo system similar to the Marvel vs Capcom series.
Enjoy and look forward to more new titles soon!
Location Test Start Date: Sunday, Dec. 11th, 2011
End Date: January 17th, 2012
Location test has begun!
- 1 Head to Head cabinet, Pay-per-play
- Networked together online with Fun Works @ Ala Moana (Honolulu, HI), Round 1 Entertainment (Los Angeles) and Super Arcade (Los Angeles). This doesn’t mean online play will be supported, but rather that stats and ranking for players from other arcades is accessible.
- Optional “Banapass” cards are being sold for the test. Has have full online support just like the Japanese version. “Banapass” cards are used to save your stats, and allow you to customize your characters online. You can also set your own player nickname, etc.
- Reserve your player nickname NOW by registering in advance at http://exam.tekken-net.jp! Works from any smartphone or PC.
- We are the only location test offering optional Playstation 2 pad support!
- If you have any more questions, mention us on Twitter (@arcadeufo) or use the Contact form on this site.